Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good News, Bad News

Good news: my new home has high ceilings
Bad news: I need a ladder to change a light bulb.

Good news: this house is HUGE
Bad news: it takes twice as long to get dressed in the morning

Bad news: the laundry room is piped for a propane dryer; I have an electric dryer
Good news: my friend loaned me a propane dryer she has and was not using (WOW!)

Good news: the home has central heat and air
Bad news: the heat is forced air that uses propane at $3.35 a gallon

Good news: we have a huge back yard!
Bad news: the quote to fence the yard was well over $3000

Good news: the back yard is fenced and NO we did not pay that! I have a wonderful creative husband. He, Kevin and Greg worked all last week end to put up a very nice fence. The whole yard is fenced and we did it for less than $700.

Good news: I get to go see a friend on the East coast. She is a fellow blogger: A Day in the Life of a Preacher's Wife, in my side bar. She used to live here in the desert where I live. Now she is a Pastor's wife in the cold!
Bad news: It is COLD where she lives.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting to visit with her and her family. It will be an extremely busy, fun week end. Maybe I won't even notice the cold. :/

1 comment:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I'm looking so forward to your visit! Maybe you will bring the warmth!