Monday, September 17, 2007

"I can't lead if you won't let me."

Put that feather in your hat and wear it. No thank you very much, it isn't very flattering.

No, it isn't; but it is the truth. Bless his sweet heart for taking a deep breath and saying it, rather than just clamming up and saying nothing.

All the old words were there to throw back. So it's all MY fault?! That's ok, you'll still be held accountable for not stepping up to the plate and being strong.

Then the very small voice that whispered, yea but you'll be held accountable too and you know he's right.

That feather is in my hat like it or not. I'm not yielded to much of anything just now.

Anger overflows and runs down my face in unchecked tears.

I have a choice: blame it on hormones, dig out the prozac, or fall on my face before the Lord.

I ashamed to say I don't want to do any of it.

In all the years of this intense anger that tends to rage with in me, I never feel that my anger is at the Lord. In fact I have taken great pride in the fact that in spite of it all, I'm not angry at the Lord.

Yea, well, lot of good that does me when anger is anger and interferes with all my relationships.

I had let go of this anger. It had actually gone away. When it reared it's ugly head I could recoginze it and calm it.

Now it's back and every thing is feeding it. work, the Marine Corps, my relationship with my daughter, the condition of my house.

I recognize the vicious cycle.

Rather than surrendering and resting I'm up on the balls of my feet, fist clenched and raised, ready to do battle.

4 comments:

Grafted Branch said...

But Dear Robin, Who will you fight? All these circumstances are the fire by which He will perfect you if you only find your rest in Him.

You can't win victory over your anger, but certainly He can. Cry out to Him! Run to Him! Climb upon His lap and wrap your arms around His neck and let Him carry you through all and whatever it is that threatens your joy.

Praying for you at every remembrance, Sweet Lady.

In Him...

Ashleigh Baker said...

Hugs... praying for you... love you so much.

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

I have an encouraging word for you :)

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
Joshua 1:9

Also, I want you to plan on coming out here for our Ladies Conference on the first Saturday in March. I want you to stay in my beautifully remodeled and decorated guest suite and I want you to be my personal guest from Thursday until Monday. Just you. Find someone to care for the big kids. They'll survive and you'll be refreshed and ready to go. I promise.

The theme for our conference is "The Good Life" and I have invited one of the most hilarious women alive to speak and I will be speaking as well.

Love You. Let me know. Your friend, Julie

Heather said...

Love you, and I am praying.